If you feel like your child is struggling in school and believe that they would benefit from additional support then you can request that the local authority carry out a EHC assessment.

The school is also able to request this from the local authority if they believe it to be necessary. Here, Rukhsana Koser, education solicitor looks at what you need to know when requesting a EHC assessment, how to draft a request, and what to expect during the process.