14th June 2016 Me
Banana Bread is a straightforward recipe that produces a lovely, moist, banana-y bread. It’s great for snacks, picnics and even as a pudding. Eat it on its own, with butter or covered in custard or ice cream.
- 285g plain flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½tsp salt
- 110g butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 85ml milk
- 1½tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, mashed bananas, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Once mixed together, fold in the flour.
- Grease a 20cm by 12.5cm / 8in by 5in loaf tin and pour in the cake mixture.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour or until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. Though it may be too hard to resist!
With thanks to Voyage Care for this recipe.
Click here to sign up for our monthly newsletter