18th January 2018
Have you seen our BAPS? That one never tires!
This week, we’ve been announcing the long list of nominations for the 2018 BAPS Awards. But what do you need to know, and do next?
Long-list nominations for the first four categories in the 2018 BAPS Awards are out. Did you make the list? Was your favourite blogger on there? Check out who was nominated.
- Best Newcomer: Those blogs that are less than a year old.
- Blogger Making a Difference: Who is out there influencing change?
- Most Entertaining: Who has made you laugh the most?
- Blog Post That Made the Biggest Impact: Which post made you stop and think?
- Best Microblogger: Bloggers who use Facebook or Instagram as their main platform.
- Best Practical Advice for Families: What design, products and life hacks are helping you on the daily?
- Most Supportive SEND Blogger: Who is offering practical information that families just can’t do without?
The remaining categories will be announced next week, watch this space.
All of these lucky nominees are currently with our lovely judges, who are working hard to whittle them down to a top four in each category. Those lucky four will then be put to the public vote when Round 2 opens on 12th February.
Whether you’re nominated, shortlisted or just love the bloggers – you can join us for the Awards Ceremony on 17th May at the Windmill Village Golf Club & Spa in Coventry. We have the lovely Gethin Jones as our host, one for the ladies, but don’t let that put you off men, we want you there too.
Tickets only cost £50 and that includes :
- Entry to the BAPS Awards.
- Drinks Reception.
- A Chance to Meet Gethin.
- Awards Ceremony.
- Three-Course Meal.
- Post-Awards Entertainment.
Free conference entry too
Your ticket even gains you entry to The Transition Event Midlands which is held earlier in the day at the Ricoh Arena, just up the road. The Transition Event is a full conference and exhibition for parents, carers and professions supporting young people through transition. Speakers cover all the major topics from education, health and care plans to benefits, education to employment, housing and more.
We’re even running some blogging workshops there. So, if you want to dust up on the skills, have a chat with other bloggers and how they approach things and look at how to make the most of your blog, come along to the Transition Event, before heading onto the Awards where you can dance the night away.
Check out the fun!
We had so much fun last year, take a look!
We’d love to meet you at the BAPS Awards and Transition Event, come along, let your hair down and let’s celebrate these fabulous bloggers who really are part of our daily lives.