14th June 2016 | Me |
Banana Bread is a straightforward recipe that produces a lovely, moist, banana-y bread. It’s great for snacks, picnics and even as a pudding. Eat it on its own, with butter or covered in custard or ice cream.
- 285g plain flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½tsp salt
- 110g butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 85ml milk
- 1½tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, mashed bananas, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Once mixed together, fold in the flour.
- Grease a 20cm by 12.5cm / 8in by 5in loaf tin and pour in the cake mixture.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about an hour or until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. Though it may be too hard to resist!
With thanks to Voyage Care for this recipe.